An organization for people who live with diabetes every day.
DRWF is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Our mission is to help find the cure for diabetes and until that goal is achieved, to provide the care needed to combat the detrimental and life-threatening complications of this terrible disease. Since our inception in 1993 we have awarded more than $25 million in research and educational grants for the cure to world-renowned clinics, hospitals and institutions.
Support cutting edge diabetes research. Make a tax-deductible donation today!
Diabetes Transplant Summit: Islet Transplant CURES Type 1 Diabetes, Interested?
Learn firsthand from two islet cell recipients their life-saving journey. Watch their testimony today!
Find out everything you ever wanted to know about islet transplantation.
The Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation sponsored the Diabetes Transplant Summit that took place in Bethesda, Maryland. Please take a moment to watch the interview and hear their amazing stories. Dr. Hering from Schulze Diabetes Institute provided details about the islet cell transplant and Kathy White shared her journey of her transplant.
Read more about Kathy's story: Download a article in our May issue
Learn more about the islet cell transplant at the Schulze Diabetes Institute at U of Minnesota. Contact U of Minnesota at: 612-624-8402
Find out if you are eligible for the transplant
Read personal stories of people who have had the human islet cell transplant
Patient video of islet cell transplant: http://youtu.be/6P-HRB3C06A
Diabetes Events and Important Notices
- Donate your vehicle to DRWF and receive your tax deductible donation while helping DRWF fund diabetes research for the cure! Call today at: 1-877-513-3516. Don't forget to select DRWF as your charity.
- Become a FAN of DRWF on FACEBOOK. Be kept up to date with weekly news from DRWF on facebook.
- You can now donate monthly to DRWF. Please consider donating $3, $10 or $5 a month to DRWF. Donate today!
- DRWF is seeking volunteers (certified diabetes educators or individuals) nationally to attend health fairs on DRWF's behalf. If you are interested please contact for more info on how you can help.
- Medical Assistance - Do you need assistance with covering your medications? Please check out our resources to assist you. Read more..
DRWF Upcoming Events
- 12th Annual Diabetes Golf Classic to take place on September 9, 2013 at Whiskey Creek in Maryland. For more information please email: email@example.com
- Are you getting Married? Register with the I Do Foundation to have your guests and your wedding purchases generate donations for DRWF. All you need to do is mention DRWF name for your charity of choice. It's a great and easy way to raise funds for DRWF.
- Fundraise for DRWF. Sponsor a event to benefit DRWF research programs and services. Set up your own fundraising in honor of a loved one. Email to find out more about third party fundraising for DRWF.
For additional information on any of these events please view our event page or email us
Donate through the Combined Federal Campaign #11629 and United Way #8588 - please note DRWF new number:
Consider choosing the Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation as your charity of choice in the upcoming Fall Campaign. See your human resource department for more information on how to donate through payroll deduction in the campaigns.
GET YOUR FREE DIABETES NECKLACE IDENTIFICATION & DIABETES BROCHURES
ORDER YOUR FREE DIABETES NECKLACE IDENTIFICATION TODAY ! (shipping fee’s apply).